Saturday 8 August 2020

Tomb Guardians - Amazons



I backed the Tomb Guardians Kickstarter for their range of Amazons a while ago - it got hit with COVID-19 which delayed it a little (which is, of course, totally understandable!), but my little pledge arrived here in the UK and I've prepped them ready for the base dip and prime stages!

I picked up two miniatures from the Amazons range - both with the intention of adding to the hireling pool for Broken Legions (yes, I know I have a problem when it comes to mercenaries and hirelings!).

First up, I got the Amazon Shaman - which I intend to use as a Wise Woman hireling.  I plan to call her Zina of Dacia.  I particularly like her staff:


She's got a nice amount of detail without being too busy - the skull headdress, the fetish pouch in her left hand and a patch on the back of her cloak all add a nice touch of character without overwhelming the mini.  This was a single-piece cast so just required a little clean up (mostly on the underside of the base).

Secondly, I couldn't resist the Amazon Warrior with Mace.  Not too many miniatures are thicc without being sexualised but this one achieves it - she's clearly a strong, powerful warrior!  The mace adds a bit of variety to my Broken Legions collection too which is good.

I am calling her Callianessa and like some of the other hirelings I'll use the Demigod rules to make some stats fitting of this mighty hero:


This mini is two-piece - the main body and the mace (with forearms) - but nothing taxing to put together.  Like the Shaman, the cast was nice and clean with minimal tidy up required.

This was my first time dealing with Tomb Guardians and I'm very impressed with them - I'll happily check out their ranges to see if there's other bits and pieces I can find a use for!

No comments:

Post a Comment