Thursday 2 July 2020

Sarissa Precision - Streets of Rome Planter Set


You might remember me posting about an order with Arcane Scenery and Models which included the Sarissa Precision Planter Set from their Streets of Rome range - well, I've assembled and painted them and, I have to say, they are really nice pieces of scatter terrain!

The pack includes 12 planters in different sizes and shapes - they are easy to assemble.  You can make them up so they are either full or empty - as I wanted mine to include plants I made them to be full.  I used my usual basing sand dip to give an soil texture inside the planters before priming them.

I painted them white to keep them as versatile as possible - whilst designed for Gangs of Rome these will also work for Mortal Gods, Broken Legions, Carnevale and wouldn't look out of place in Infinity either.

I added some blue flower tufts that I picked up on a special offer from Serious-Play on a whim - I didn't have a plan for them at the time, but I think they look rather nice in these planters!



To give you an idea of size - here's one next to a random 28mm Warlord Games Samurai I had to hand:


The pack also includes a couple of larger hexagonal planters - perfect for trees.  I bought a pack of Sakura trees a while ago with plans for my Neo-Shinjuku collection - but had some spare and thought they'd look good in these planters:


I had some Sakura scatter that didn't get used on another project (went a different direction, you know how it is!) but thought these could do with a little something to break up the soil around the trees. I think it works alright even though it's slightly different pinks to the trees themselves.

In all - I really like these planters - they provide an interesting scenery option that's a lot more engaging and colourful than just boxes or barrels.  I highly recommend this kit if you play any games with settings that they'd work with.

3 comments: