Sunday 12 July 2020

Otonia, Favoured of Hera


I backed the Mortal Gods Mythic Kickstarter at a token level to offer some support - but I did take the opportunity to pick up one of the new Temple Guard Leaders - namely the one for Hera.

It's a nice sculpt - typical of Footsore style really (bit more cleaning up on the thin sword blade than I would have liked but otherwise not bad on the prepping).  I've based it and will give it the texture dip treatment prior to priming:


A particularly nice detail is the peacock feather on the shield:


I intend to use her as a 'Demigod' hired sword - I plan to call her Otonia, Favoured of Hera.  Clearly she clings to the original version of the goddess - rather than a strict Demigod (as Hera wasn't known for that kind of shenanigans!) I'm viewing it as a profile to build a heroic individual blessed with specific attention by a deity in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment