Tuesday 19 May 2020

Reinforcements arrive in Venice


I've been inspired by Carnevale a lot recently so decided to spend some of this month's hobby funds on rounding out the options across our three gangs.

First up, I had to get White Dove - I knew I wanted this to add to The Guild from the start!


As you can see it's a resin mini (like all of the Carnevale range from TTCombat) - but isn't too complex!

I also liked the Rabble Rousers set:


This includes a pair of Recruiters (Hero level minis), a Gondolier henchman, an Arbalest for some ranged power and an angry citizen to add to the others already in the collection.

For the Rashaar I opted for the Unholy Mutations set:


This adds a third Lesser Ugdru to the collection - but importantly rounds our Rashaar out a little with a pair each of Hybrids and Advanced Hybrids.  This box was a must-get to add to the Rashaar half of the two-player starter.

For the Strigoi I played around a lot with the Gang Builder app on the Carnevale website.  I tried all sorts of lists based on what we already have and could see that it needed some more henchman-level options.  The Footsoldiers set was the perfect solution:


Two Common Strigoi (the female one being one of my favourite Carnevale minis) and a crossbow-wielding Thrall give some solid options, with the pair of Reapers (think berserker vampires) offering some Hero-level options (useful if we don't want to go heavy with the Brides!).

I also decided to get the Black Spectre:


I figured with its backstory it would only see fit to work alongside the aristocracy of the night - any lesser gangs it surely would not deign to be seen with!

This little lot is going to need a good bath before it gets assembled - I've got cobblestone bases ready to use so they match the existing collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment