Saturday 16 May 2020

New to me seller - Models For Sale Ltd


My wife treated me to a mega order of hobby supplies and I took the opportunity to pick up a range of Vallejo (and other) products that I'd be thinking about for a while.

After looking around I found Models For Sale, a company that was new to me but has been around a while - and took the plunge.

I have to say that I was not disappointed - it was a fairly big, but pretty all over the place, order but was despatched quickly and (thanks to an assist from Parcelforce) came the next day, even during a glocal pandemic.  Can't complain at that!  The price was very competitive too - making them a new go-to for me when I'm ordering ranges they stock.

They have a huge range of products - lots of models as the name suggests, but equally all the tools, paints, glues and more that you could need for scale modelling, or in my case, wargame modelling.

I'll run through the stuff I ordered - including a few of my intended uses (where I already know them!).

First, I knew I wanted a selection of paints - I spotted the 16-colour pack of paints from the Vallejo Model Color range specially selected for painting American Civil War models - perfect for my special project!


This pack includes colours for both Union and Confederate uniforms, skin, metal and staple colours besides.  A nice way to boost my Vallejo range with a purpose rather than random choices!

I also picked up Panzer Aces No 2 set:


I was checking out the contents of lots of sets, but this one I felt to be particularly versatile - it contains colours suitable for wood, leather, mud and more.  I like having a wide range of browns and the like as they are so important in painting all sorts of things.

I've got a fair few projects planned and on the go that would really benefit from some dust, rust and more (especially Gorkamorka) and I've been scoping out pigments to try out.  Well, I figured now was as good a time as any to take the plunge and ordered two Vallejo Pigment sets - one for Mud & Sand and one for Rust & Corrosion.



I also added Carbon Black and Dark Red Ochre Pigments - and some Pigment Binder:


I'm looking forward to trying these Pigments out - I think it'll take some practice so I'm going to see what I have knocking about that might help give these a go!

I spotted a Rust wash that I'm going to use on Gorkamorka and Necromunda stuff especially (but others too no doubt) - and I do like using dark greys on minis so picked up a couple of bottles of Black Grey (definitely be using these on some of my Dracula's America stuff!):


Vallejo do a wide-range of auxiliaries (the kind of thing GW calls 'technical') and I thought I've been in the hobby long enough now to dip my toe into this esoteric world: 


I went for Glaze Medium, Thinner Medium and something to help me get my Bolt Action/Konflikt 47 stuff finished - Decal Fix.

I also figured that if I want to start making use of my better quality brushes I should invest in some stuff to help look after them - Brush Restorer had some good reviews online:


Finally on the Vallejo front I picked up some Still Water texture - primarily for a fountain I have for Carnevale, but no doubt for other things too (maybe puddles on some of the Rashaar bases?):


I also picked up a set of Tamiya Basic Brushes -  this pack includes Flat Brush No. 3, Flat Brush No. 1 and Pointed Brush (small).  I thought for the price it would be useful for painting scenery and terrain items if nothing else:


I then moved on to AK Interactive stuff - first up some Splatter Effects Wet Ground - this stuff I plan to use on my Bolt Action and Konflikt 47 vehicles and tanks, but it'll no doubt prove useful on other stuff too!


Finally for this order - a spangly new aluminium palette!


I'd wanted a fresh palette for a while so took the opportunity to pick this up while I was placing the order.

So, to summarise, I can highly recommend Models For Sale Ltd for the extent of their range, the competitive pricing and the speed and smoothness of fulfilment.  Check them out if you are looking for an alternative to wargames-centric suppliers of paints, tools and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment