Saturday 14 September 2019

Serious-Play Scenics - Tuft-fest!


I love tufts for basing - they are an economical way of adding interest and detail quickly and easily to bases and I find they can really help tie an army/warband together.

Serious-Play is my go to place - and I placed an order recently, this is what I got (and what I'm planning to use them on).

First up, some more Purple flower tufts - I use these on any of my Irish forces so there's always a need for more of these! (Chosen Men, The Pikeman's Lament, Saga... other plans formulating!)


I'd decided on a red/Mars style basing theme for my Gorkamorka mobs but wanted to add a little bit of detail beyond the rocky/dusty landscape - I opted for the smaller tufts (2mm).  I figure that way they won't dominate the bases of any Grots/Snots:


Between my 15mm Dragon Rampant UNORP and the 18mm Sikh Wars for The Men Who Would Be King I figured I'd need a supply of more generic small tufts too:


Finally as I was checking out I was offered a great deal on some blue flower tufts - I'm sure I'll find a use for them on some project or another!


If you haven't tried Serious-Play I really do recommend giving them a whirl - a lot of products they offer on a taster basis (smaller sheets like the Purple Flowers) but even those are plenty for a skirmish sized project.

No comments:

Post a Comment