Sunday 18 August 2019

The United Nations of Orcs and Related Peoples


Trials... and I have been chatting about trying out some 15mm wargaming and we thought the flexibility of Dragon Rampant offered an easy way to give it a go!

I've decided upon a grand alliance of Orcs (and related peoples - think Goblins, Trolls, Ogres) that has come together to protect its culture and civilisation from those who would seek to overthrow their position in the world... I've called them UNORP - the United Nations of Orcs and Related Peoples.

Well I looked around and decided upon the Ral Partha Demonworld 15mm line as the source for my army. I focussed on the infantry element first to build a good core to the army.

Of course, I needed a leader and thankfully Ral Partha offer a good selection of individual miniatures - I decided on the 'Orc Champion with Dual Swords':


Given the army's concept as defenders of Orcish civilisation I wanted a heavily armoured core unit - I decided upon the Savage Stormtroopers pack (which, rather handily has 12 minis - perfect for Dragon Rampant):


I also picked up a pack of Light Swordbearers - given that I knew I wanted to include representatives of a few races I needed some cheaper Orcs to make sure they remained the majority of the army!


I couldn't skip on some Goblins however, so decided to add a pack of Goblin Archers:


I've already got my eye on some more packs to finish (well, you know what I mean) the UNORP army.

No comments:

Post a Comment