Sunday 14 July 2019

TTCombat Streets of Venice


I picked up a really good deal on a Carnevale starter set (with extras) and while it comes with street/canal tiles and lots of awesome buildings - and even a gondola! - I knew I'd want some additional scatter terrain to add some life to the table.

Well, it's no surprise that TTCombat have a range dedicated to support their re-release of Carnevale, so I picked up some of their resin packs to add to the collection.

First up, a set of 3 Round Wells:


Two are whole and capped off, the third is broken (asking for a little water effect I guess!).  I think I can probably use these in Gangs of Rome and Broken Legions too.

I also picked up a set of Barrels:


Containing 12 barrels of various sizes, this will come in handy for all sorts of games - pretty much anything fantasy (Burrows & Badgers, Dragon Rampant, Mordheim, Frostgrave), historical (En Garde!, Outremer, TPL, Gangs of Rome) or both (Broken Legions) can make use of these versatile little pieces.

I thought it would be good to add to the Gondola that came in the Carnevale pack for some water-based scenery.  I got the Noble Gondola:


As well as an ornate Gondola (including cushions!) the pack includes three gondola poles to add to the canals for games of Carnevale.

I spotted the Floating Detritus pack and couldn't resist:


The pack includes 14 pieces - from small barrels to collections of wooden junk.  They are all sculpted to look as thought they are floating on the canals of Venice (or the waters of Port Royal).

While finalising my order I came across the Wood Scaffolding MDF kit:


These will help provide routes up to building roof tops in Carnevale, but will also work well for Gangs of Rome in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment