Saturday 10 November 2018

O:WiC Update 1


So, a quick text-heavy no-pic update on my 2018 Operation Winter is Coming (O:WiC).

My birthday has come and gone and I've now got a range of miniatures to create MacSweeney's Company.  These have come from Warlord, Bicorne and Perry - they seem to go pretty well together so far; pictures and more detail soon!

I've also got my Footsore Miniatures Dark Ages Irish on the go for Forannán's War Host - however I'm awaiting some suitable javelins for two of the units so work is stalling on these guys a little.  I took the opportunity to pick up a cyclops mini from the same seller (that they say is by Bob Olley, but I can't be sure from what I can research) that I'll use in Broken Legions as a mercenary - I'll call him Onkólithos.

I picked up a selection of ShortWars goblins for Gobzalo Pizarro's Conquistagobs for En Garde!  These sculpts (mostly by Kev Adams I believe) are really fun and I'm chipping away at them. I also got a freebie Goblin Bandit/Outlaw with the order so I'll be adding him to the Mordheim Hireling Agency - think he'll be called Zit Turnip.

The Flags of War Jacobite Highlanders are being cast right now and when they arrive I'm looking forward to assembling the Atholl Brigade

I also got a Crusader Miniatures Knight as a mercenary for Outremer.  I've decided to call him Sir William de Chartres.

Think that's it for now.  I'm gonna need some more primer...

1 comment: