Tuesday 9 October 2018

The Men (and Women) of Mierce - getting started


A couple of years ago my wife bought me a stack of Osprey Games rulebooks - one of those being Frostgrave.  I was originally intending to get some double-duty out of my Mordheim or Darklands collection to play it, but while I will still do that the Mierce Miniatures sale of surplus metal stock caught my eye - I knew I would never get round to collecting an Anglecynn army but I still liked a lot of their miniatures... and so a Mierce Frostgrave warband was put together! (that's the wolf-born realm of Mierce as well as comprising minis from that company!).  Here's what I got - all names are as given to the miniatures by Mierce!

Of course, every warband in Forstgrave needs a wizard to lead it - here's Wulf Skull Cynemon, a special alternate of the normal model:


I plan to use old Cynemon here as a witch, so at some point I intend to pick up Rēoc, Frēawulf as his Animal Companion (a totally over the top Wolf but I love the model!).

Every warband needs some warriors - here's Warrior Wulfhere (a special alternate of the Wulfhere Fanaberend miniature):


Wulfhere's buddy here is Shieldwall Eadric (a special alternate of the standard Eadric mini):


Next up is Timoth, I'll likely use him as a Templar, but he could be an Infantryman too if needed:


Here we have Meloda, I plan to use her as a Treasure Hunter:


Meloda is a superb miniature so I am really pleased to have her in the collection!

Of course, it would have been remiss if I didn't have Meloda's husband - the legendary Penda the Bloody-Handed!


Penda is an absolutely iconic Mierce Miniatures model - not sure what I'll use him as, possibly a Barbarian to reflect his savage wolf-nature.

I also picked up Aldhelm the Sceop of Mierce - he'll be a Bard when I pick up Thaw of the Lich Lord:


I knew I needed some ranged attacking ability, so picked up some Ceorl Bowmen - here are Olric, Mardith and Gutch:


I'm looking forward to getting cracking with these - sorted some special basing material too which I'll share when it arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment