Tuesday 2 October 2018

The Argonauts receive some reinforcements!


As I mentioned when I introduced The Argonauts, I felt like I could do with a couple of archers to give a bit of tactical flexibility (and miniature variety) to the warband.  I'd been keeping a half-eye on suitable listings and found a box-splitter (such a helpful service!) that was selling 2-man sprues from the Victrix Greek Archers box.


Like the slingers in my Roman warband, these minis don't come with loads of options - the only real variety is the three quivers and the two different arms for the non-shooting body.  Now, in a game where I'd need more archers that would be a bit crap, but as I only need these two guys that's plenty of variety!

So, I assembled them and gave them the base dip treatment ready for a suitable break in the lovely English weather to prime them. First up is Diokles and he has a rather natty hat:


And here we have Anaxis, who has a face only a mother could love:


Great price, quick build, acceptable detail minis - these will definitely do the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment