Sunday 2 September 2018

The Piratical Kernowek - My Ker-Ys Host List


Once I'd got a good start on my Érainn host I started to consider a possible opposing force.  That way (once assembled and painted etc.) I'd be able to actually get a game going!

A reference in the background of the Érainn to the 'piratical Kernowek' caused me to gravitate towards the degenerates of Ker-Ys.  A quick exporation of the range and the Brutes convinced me it was the right way to go!


The Kernowek are, of course, the Darklands Cornish.  Having felt abandoned by their fellow Britons they turned to darker forces, and the degenerate Ysians (from the mythical city of Ys in Brittany) stepped in, bringing with them dark knowledge and the power of their horned god, Kernunnos.  A nicely brutal and 'evil' (although everything in Darklands is evil to someone else at some point!) army to pit against my proud men and women of Eriu!

Check out the awesome art of a Ker-Ysian Seer-Drune for a glimpse at their style:



Over time I've built up enough for a 2500 gold host - of course, still waiting their turn for assembly and painting:

Carrowek of Carn Dhu
10 Ax-Drunes (veteran)
8 Shadow-Drunes
3 Goad-Drunes
Meat-Hulk (bound)

(host command - think of it as the King's court of closest advisors)
Battle-Drune (host banner)
Seer-Drune (Blades of the Horned God, Blind and Sweet Corruption)
Battle-Drune (falchion - this is a pretend host champion)

Death-Brute
4 Brutes
2 Brute-Corrupters (bound)
4 Brutes (great weapons)
Brute-Corrupter (bound)

Harvest-Drune
10 Ax-Drunes (veteran)
10 Bow-Drunes

Alix of Carn Bran
Bædubera (bound)

Comes to 2499 gold as of the Ysian list v1.26.

A quick note on Alix - she is a sell-sword (of Kernowek origin) who allows you to bring along a monster from pretty much any kindred you like.  I've gone for a Bædubera - a giant axe-wielding bear from the Beornica realm of the Anglecynn as the art is superb and I have no doubts that Mierce will make sure the miniature is at least as good as the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment