Sunday 12 August 2018

Military Order - Getting Started


Hopefully you've seen my other Outremer getting started posts - here's my final one (well there are only three factions in the book!) - a Military Order warband.  I've gone for a Knights of St Lazarus theme as, let's be honest, they were (and are) pretty cool.

As always with these things, it started with some sprues and some metals:


In every warband there's a leader - and this one is led by Sebastianus de Marsico (left), a devout knight of St Lazarus.  Of course, the Order hasn't neglected its spiritual needs and he is accompanied by (l-r) Father Clement, Brother Jacob and Brother Focard:


Sebastianus is made using Fireforge Games sprues (thanks to a box splitter) and the Men of God are from the Perry Miniatures Crusaders range.

The Knights of St Lazarus are, naturally, the first warriors I added to the warband.  Here we have Gérard (left) and Octavian (right):


These were from a Fireforge Games sprue too.  I wanted a couple of real heavy hitters so made these with double-handed weapons.

Of course, I needed a couple of 'classic' knight-types too, you know, sword and board guys! Here's Bartolmeo (left) and Raymond (right):


These are Fireforge again.  I'm quite pleased with how dynamic these two turned out!

Now, in Outremer a fully armoured knight is quite slow, so I knew I needed some ranged punch to help keep enemies at bay.  This is where some Sergeant-Brothers come in!  Here's (l-r) Matthaeus, Marcus, Lucas and Iohannes:


Overall I think this is the warband I'm looking forward to painting up the most!

1 comment: